Christo Popov was born in December 1984 in Sofia, Bulgaria.
Since 2000 he has been living in Austria, where he started his career as a pianist.
He studied piano at the University of Music and Performing Art in Vienna under Prof. Antoinette van Zabner and in 2015 graduated with flying colours.
He plays regularly as a soloist and with chamber musicians at numerous festivals, master courses and competitions.
His repertoire spans multiple periods and genres, with a preference for composers from the Romantic period, as well as for 20th and 21st century works.
Christo Popov performs with many prominent and talented artists and is the recipient of numerous awards from international competitions.
His background includes numerous concerts in Austria, Bulgaria, Italy, Russia and China, among others.
- Donauinselfest - Vienna, Austria
- Die Tage der Stadt Moscow, Russia
- Wir sind Wien Festival, Austria
- Kreuzgang - Vienna, Austria
- Beijing Fringe Festival - Peking, China
- Thrakischer Sommer - Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Master Classes by
- Alejandro Geberovitsch
- Miltscho Leviev
- Neal Peres Da Costa
- 1994 - First prize at the competition "Boris Avramov", Sofia (Bulgaria)
- 1995 - First prize at the competition "Boris Avramov", Sofia (Bulgaria)
- 2010 - Second Prize at the international competition "Euterpe", Bari (Italy)
- 2011 - Scholarship for his interpretatory skills at the institute "Milcho Leviev & Vicky Almazidu"
- 2012 - Third prize at the international competition "Euterpe", Bari (Italy)